Apple Fruit Salad Hudson Valley
......amazing tasting salad....!
FRUIT SALAD RECIPE INGREDIENT
- 3 pounds apples
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 ounces prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces(3 cups) walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Dash of applejack (if not available, substitute whiskey)
1. First of all cut apples in quarters, remove core (do not peel) and slice paper thin. Sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange in a shingled fashion into a round casserole or quiche dish.
2. And then combine sugar, horseradish and heavy cream; pour over apples. Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Next is to sprinkle with applejack and garnish with toasted walnuts.. ...what a great salad taste...!