- 1 golden delicious apple, quartered
- 1 pear, quartered
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 red or pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup green seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Champagne, enough to cover individual servings
Wash fruit, remove peels, cores, seeds, etc. Section citrus. Cut all fruits into bite-sized pieces. Combine all fruits in a small bowl and toss gently with honey (fine turbinado or 10X sugar may also be used).
Chill for 30 minutes before spooning into decorative individual serving dishes or champagne glasses, filling only half the glass.
Fill the remainder of the glass with chilled champagne. Pink champagne adds color to the mix, but any champagne will be as festive.
When serving in champagne glasses, garnish the edge of the glass with a slice of lemon or orange and dip the rim of the glass in colored sugar.If serving in bowls, top with a sprig of mint and a dollop of whipped cream. The fruit salad recipe is ready to serve....enjoy the fruit salad...nice one !