Jeweled Fruit Salad Recipe
A Healthy Fruit Salad Recipe to try !
Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3 envelopes non-flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, divided
- 2 (15-1/2 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned and well drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- Lettuce leaves
Fruit salad Ingredients:
Arrange strawberry halves, cut side up, in the bottom of a light greased 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice in a small saucepan; stir and let stand one minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about two minutes). Combine gelatin mixture and remaining four cups pineapple juice in a large bowl.
Pour about 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice mixture over strawberries in bundt pan. Chill until firm. Chill remaining pineapple juice mixture until consistency of unbeaten egg white. Stir in pineapple tidbits and remaining fruit and spoon into bundt pan. Chill until firm.
Line a large serving plate with lettuce leaves. Remove fruit from the mold onto lettuce leaves. Cut with an electric knife and serve.
The Fruit salad Recipe makes ten to twelve servings...enjoy it !