Fruit Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 sugar
- Egg substitute equivalent to one egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Fruit Salad Recipe INSTRUCTIONS:
In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool.
When cool, fold in the whipped cream.
In a large serving bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before serving.